The USC Upstate Spartans (3-7) can end a six-game road losing streak when they take on the Kansas State Wildcats (7-1) at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
USC Upstate Spartans at Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview
In the Spartans last matchup, they got blown out by the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs, 87-66. Malik Moore put together a solid performance for USC Upstate, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Gardner-Webb had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 26.1). USC Upstate, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 15.0).
The Wildcats hope to keep it rolling after topping the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last contest, 84-79. Kamau Stokes fueled Kansas State with 20 points and six assists. The Wildcats had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 14.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.557).
The productive offense of Kansas State will square off against the mid-tier defense of USC Upstate. Since the 2016-17 season, the Wildcats rank 87th in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans are 342nd in defensive efficiency. The Wildcats should have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Spartans have committed the 28th-fewest errors in the nation (turnover percentage of 17.6 percent), while the pesky defense of the Wildcats has caused the 18th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.8 percent).
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Kansas State Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 113th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Spartans rank 275th (3.0).
- Kansas State averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. USC Upstate ranks 151st in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Kansas State averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. USC Upstate ranks 317th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- The Wildcats rank 69th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while the Spartans rank 287th (37.1).
- USC Upstate ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Kansas State ranks 217th (19.9).