The USC Upstate Spartans (3-6) can end a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs (2-6) at Paul Porter Arena. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
USC Upstate Spartans at Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs ATS Preview
The last time the Spartans played, they lost to the UNC Asheville Bulldogs, 82-70. Ramel Thompkins had a solid performance for USC Upstate, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 4-for-10 shooting. UNC Asheville had an effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.538). USC Upstate, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-21; 76.2 percent).
The Runnin Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 106-99 loss to the Jacksonville Dolphins in their last outing. With 17 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, Liam O’Reilly played well for Gardner-Webb. Jacksonville did a terrific job of making free throws (31-41; 75.6 percent). Gardner-Webb, on the other hand, held the Dolphins to an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 (below the 0.538 mark opponents have averaged against Gardner-Webb this season).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Gardner-Webb figures to have a significant edge. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Runnin Bulldogs offense ranks 91st in that metric at 0.529, while the USC Upstate defense ranks 212th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508).
USC Upstate Spartans vs. Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gardner-Webb, ATS Winner – Gardner-Webb, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Runnin Bulldogs rank 60th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Spartans rank 245th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- USC Upstate ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Gardner-Webb ranks 166th (3.6).
- USC Upstate ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while Gardner-Webb ranks 295th (17.9).
- The Runnin Bulldogs rank 102nd in assists per game (14.6) while the Spartans rank 307th in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- Gardner-Webb ranks 14th in steals per game (8.4) while USC Upstate ranks 199th (5.8).