Pac-12 foes will collide when the Oregon State Beavers (11-7, 3-3 Pac-12) go head-to-head with the No. 25 USC Trojans (14-6, 5-2 Pac-12) at Gill Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
USC Trojans at Oregon State Beavers Betting Preview
The last time the Trojans played, they were victorious over the Oregon Ducks, 75-70. With 18 points and five rebounds, USC’s Bennie Boatwright had a solid outing. USC played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 (above their season average of 33.3) and a free throw rate of 0.271 (above their season average of 0.225). For those same stats, Oregon had marks of 14.8 and 0.204, respectively.
The Beavers will look to maintain momentum after topping the UCLA Bruins in their last contest, 69-63. Oregon State received a boost from Tres Tinkle, who led the team in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Oregon State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 33.4) and a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, UCLA recorded marks of 28.9 and 12.3, respectively.
A focal point for the Oregon State offense is getting to the free throw line. The Beavers rank 53rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282), but USC is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 26th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.178).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Trojans won both matchups last season. In the most recent game, USC won 92-66. The Trojans dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.473 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.600. The Beavers were 0.145 and 0.460, respectively, for those same stats.
USC Trojans at Oregon State Beavers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Oregon State, O/U – Under
- The Trojans rank 48th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Beavers rank 81st (3.8).
- Oregon State allows the 50th-fewest rebounds per game (32.5) while USC ranks 51st (32.5).
- Oregon State ranks 92nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while USC ranks 236th (24.6).
- The Beavers rank 38th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Trojans rank 154th (14.1).
- USC ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Oregon State ranks 119th (6.6).
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average).