A 13-game home winning streak is on the line for the Boise State Broncos (18-4, 8-2 MWC) when they go head-to-head against the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (16-6, 5-4 MWC) at Taco Bell Arena. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Boise State Broncos Odds Preview
In the Runnin’ Rebels last matchup, they beat the San Jose State Spartans, 76-67. Brandon McCoy was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. UNLV played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 34.2). For those same stats, San Jose State recorded marks of 0.049 and 11.8, respectively.
The Broncos will look to keep it rolling after beating the Air Force Falcons in their last outing, 70-64. Boise State’s Lexus Williams was a key piece with 16 points. The Broncos, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5, had an extraordinary mark of 33.3 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.556).
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Boise State currently ranks 34th in effective field goal percentage (0.557) and UNLV is 26th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464). Additionally, the Runnin’ Rebels, who rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 percent), will go head-to-head against the Broncos, who rank first in defensive rebounding percentage (81.3 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Broncos won 83-74. Boise State’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Broncos had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (35 vs. 22) and total rebounds (48 vs. 29). Chandler Hutchison recorded a double-double with 32 points and 12 rebounds.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Boise State Broncos Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – UNLV, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Under
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 26th in assists per game (17.0) while the Broncos rank 135th (13.9).
- Boise State ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while UNLV ranks 275th (16.4).
- The Broncos rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 170th (35.5).
- UNLV ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.3) while Boise State ranks 188th (2.3).
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, down from 11.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (8.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average).