The No. 23 Nevada Wolf Pack (20-4, 9-1 MWC) welcome the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (16-7, 5-5 MWC) to Lawlor Events Center as they try to lengthen their five-game home winning streak. Nevada opened as a 9.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 162 points. Tip-off is set for 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Nevada Wolf Pack ATS Preview
The Runnin’ Rebels lost a close one to the Boise State Broncos in their last matchup, 93-91. UNLV’s Brandon McCoy put together a good game, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Boise State held the Runnin’ Rebels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 34.5). UNLV, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.583 vs. 0.563).
In the Wolf Pack’s last matchup, they topped the Colorado State Rams, 76-67. Nevada received a boost from Caleb Martin, who was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Nevada played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.448 (above their season average of 0.300) and a turnover percentage of 14.3 (worse than their season average of 13.2). For those same stats, Colorado State was 0.309 and 15.6, respectively.
This showdown figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s best offenses go head-to-head. Nevada currently ranks 16th with 117.3 points per 100 possessions and UNLV is 28th (114.7). ,
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Wolf Pack won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Nevada won 94-58. The Wolf Pack played a perfect game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 4.8 and a free throw rate of 0.139. The Runnin’ Rebels recorded marks of 13.5 and 0.066, respectively, for those same stats.
UNLV Runnin’ Rebels vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – UNLV, O/U – Over
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 24th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Wolf Pack rank 87th (12.5).
- UNLV is 45th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while Nevada is 59th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Nevada ranks 91st in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while UNLV ranks 272nd (16.7).
- The Runnin’ Rebels average 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Wolf Pack rank 160th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Nevada ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while UNLV ranks 130th (6.4).
- The Wolf Pack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 12.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Rebels have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average).