The UNI Panthers (8-8, 0-4 MVC), who are currently riding a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Hulman Center to clash with the Indiana State Sycamores (7-9, 2-2 MVC). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 124 points with Indiana State opening as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
UNI Panthers vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Preview
The Panthers fell to the Loyola Chicago Ramblers in their last contest, 56-50. With 17 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Bennett Koch was the games high scorer. Loyola Chicago had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 18.9). UNI, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 24.1).
The last time the Sycamores played, they were beaten by the Drake Bulldogs, 75-72. Brenton Scott was the games high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Drake did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-20; 85.0 percent). Indiana State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 26.0).
The inefficient offense of Indiana State will go head-to-head against the top-notch defense of UNI. The Sycamores rank 271st in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 27th in defensive efficiency. The Panthers should have the edge on that side of the ball. Moreover, put-back points could be few and far between for the Panthers. They rank 303rd in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.6 percent, while the Sycamores are 53rd-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.7 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including UNI have gone under 58.3 percent of the time, while 64.3 percent of Indiana State games have gone over. The Panthers hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (8-8 vs. 7-9), but the Sycamores have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (6-7-1 vs. 3-9).
Scott has been outstanding over the last five games for Indiana State, averaging 16.4 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last game, the Sycamores won 69-59. Indiana State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.622 vs. 0.463). UNI, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (20.0 vs. 12.0).
UNI Panthers vs. Indiana State Sycamores ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Over
- The Sycamores rank 103rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Panthers rank 125th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Indiana State averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 82nd in the nation. UNI ranks 95th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- On the road, UNI is 2-5 ATS with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- At home, Indiana State is 3-3 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Indiana State ranks 45th in steals per game (7.6) while UNI ranks 143rd (5.5).
- The Panthers rank 11th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Sycamores rank 74th (12.4).
- UNI ranks 114th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Indiana State ranks 151st in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Indiana State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UNI is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Sycamores average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 55.6 points per game (9.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).