The UNI Panthers (11-11, 3-7 MVC) can end a six-game road losing streak when they clash with the Evansville Aces (14-9, 4-6 MVC) at Ford Center. Evansville is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 122.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
UNI Panthers at Evansville Aces Odds Preview
The Panthers got blown out by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers in their last matchup, 70-47. UNI’s Klint Carlson recorded 14 points and seven rebounds in the game. Loyola Chicago did a great job of making free throws (13-13; 100.0 percent). UNI, on the other hand, held the Ramblers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 22.9).
The last time the Aces played, they beat the Drake Bulldogs, 77-73. Evansville rallied around Ryan Taylor, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Evansville dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.458 (above their season average of 0.303) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 27.6). Drake was 0.333 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Evansville currently ranks 324th in possessions per game (66.0) and UNI is 327th (65.7). Additionally, put-back points could be tough to come by for the Panthers. They rank 316th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 23.9 percent, while the Aces are 47th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.7 percent).
Both of these teams have typically gone under the O/U total. Games involving UNI have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while Evansville games have finished under 63.2 percent of the time. The Aces hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-9 SU and 11-8 ATS, while the Panthers are 11-11 SU and 6-11-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Panthers won 61-54. UNI made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, making 23 of them (85.2 percent). Evansville, meanwhile, was just 10-15 (66.7 percent).
UNI Panthers vs. Evansville Aces Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 164th in the nation. The Aces rank 188th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Evansville is 5-4 ATS at home, while UNI is 2-7-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Aces 9 home games, while 6 of the Panthers 10 road games have gone under.
- UNI ranks 142nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Evansville ranks 298th (13.3).
- The Panthers rank 26th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Aces rank 137th (13.4).
- Evansville ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while UNI ranks 117th (34.4).
- Evansville is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UNI is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Aces have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Evansville has defeated opponents by an average of 2.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (4.6 above their season average).