A low-scoring game should be expected when the Bradley Braves (10-4, 0-1 MVC) and the UNI Panthers (8-5, 0-1 MVC) face off at Carver Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 120 points with UNI set as a 1-point favorite. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
UNI Panthers vs. Bradley Braves ATS Preview
In the Panthers last game, they lost a close one to the Southern Illinois Salukis, 56-53. UNIs Klint Carlson had a solid game, finishing with eight points and 12 rebounds. Southern Illinois held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.504). UNI, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (6-8; 75.0 percent).
The Braves are trying to rebound after their 66-64 loss to the Drake Bulldogs in their last matchup. Darrell Brown was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Drake did a terrific job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). Bradley, on the other hand, forced the Bulldogs into a turnover percentage of 21.0 (above their season average of 15.4).
Bradley might have a difficult time putting up points as they face off against one of the nations best defenses. UNI currently ranks 13th in defensive efficiency, while the Braves rank 251st in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have typically gone under the projected point total. Games including UNI have finished under 55.6 percent of the time, while Bradley games have finished under 91.7 percent of the time. The Braves hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-4 SU and 7-4-1 ATS, while the Panthers are 8-5 SU and 3-6 ATS.
Brown has really been playing well over the last five games for Bradley, averaging 13.6 points, 5.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the Panthers won 64-61. The Panthers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.553. For those same stats, the Braves were 18.2 and 0.462, respectively.
UNI Panthers vs. Bradley Braves Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – UNI, O/U – Under
- The Braves rank 69th in steals per game (7.2) while the Panthers rank 115th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Bradley averages 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. UNI ranks 113th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- Bradley is 4-0-1 ATS at home, while UNI is 2-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Panthers 5 road games, while 4 of the Braves 5 home games have gone under.
- UNI ranks 111th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Bradley ranks 227th (18.6).
- The Braves rank 129th in assists per game (14.1) while the Panthers rank 234th (10.9).
- Bradley ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while UNI ranks 91st (3.4).
- Bradley is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UNI is 0-4 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Braves average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.8 points per game (2.6 above their season average).