The LSU Tigers (4-2) will be at home in Pete Maravich Assembly Center when they clash against the UNCW Seahawks (2-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 164 points with LSU set as a 10.5-point favorite. Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
UNCW Seahawks vs. LSU Tigers Odds Preview
In the Seahawks last matchup, they lost to the East Carolina Pirates, 93-88. UNCW’s Devontae Cacok had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 35 points on 16-for-19 shooting. East Carolina did a fantastic job of making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent). UNCW, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (36.2 vs. 31.8).
The Tigers will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the UT Martin Skyhawks in their last game, 84-60. LSU’s Tremont Waters played a key role with eight points and 10 assists. LSU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 16.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.581 (below their season average of 0.603). UT Martin had marks of 24.4 and 0.490, respectively, for those same stats.
UNCW could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Seahawks rank 16th in offensive efficiency while LSU ranks 338th in defensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season.
Both of these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. Games featuring UNCW have gone over 75.0 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of LSU games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Tigers have a significant advantage. They are 4-2 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Seahawks are 2-4 SU and 0-4 ATS.
UNCW Seahawks vs. LSU Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seahawks rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Tigers rank 118th (3.5).
- UNCW ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.9) while LSU ranks 160th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- UNCW ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while LSU ranks 206th (23.6).
- The Seahawks average 16.7 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 203rd in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- UNCW ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while LSU ranks 178th (7.0).