The No. 13 UNCG Spartans (27-7), 12.5-point underdogs, clash with the No. 4 Gonzaga Bulldogs (30-4) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Taco Bell Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136.5 points and action starts at 1:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
UNCG Spartans vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the BYU Cougars 74-54, while the Spartans defeated the East Tennessee State Buccaneers 62-47.
UNCG played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 34.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 (below their season average of 0.530). East Tennessee State was 27.0 and 0.337, respectively, for those same stats. The Bulldogs, on the other hand, were 6-7 from the free throw line (85.7 percent) and held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 22.9). Gonzaga was lifted by Johnathan Williams, who recorded 10 points and 13 rebounds. James Dickey played a key role for UNCG with nine points, eight rebounds and five blocks.
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Gonzaga currently ranks second in offensive efficiency and UNCG ranks fifth in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Spartans rank 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.1 percent).
Of the Spartans’ 27 games that accepted bets, 16 have finished under the total. UNCG comes into the contest with records of 27-7 straight up (SU) and 18-9 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Bulldogs also have finished under the total 51.6 percent of the time. Moreover, Gonzaga is 30-4 SU and 14-17 ATS.
Johnathan Williams and Killian Tillie have played well over the last five games for Gonzaga. Williams has averaged 15.0 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.8 blocks, while Tillie has put up 18.4 points and 5.6 rebounds a game during that span.
UNCG Spartans vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Over
- Gonzaga ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while UNCG ranks 200th (7.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 13th in rebounds per game (39.9) while the Spartans rank 82nd (37.1).
- UNCG is ninth in the nation with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while Gonzaga is 36th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Spartans average 27.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9).
- Gonzaga ranks 46th in assists per game (15.7) while UNCG ranks 121st (14.1).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.2, down from 17.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 57.2 points per game (5.2 below their season average).