The Furman Paladins (5-3) will be at home in Timmons Arena when they clash with the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (5-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Furman Paladins Free Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they lost big to the Clemson Tigers, 83-52. Ahmad Thomas had a good performance for UNC Asheville, leading the team in scoring with 10 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Clemson had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.2). UNC Asheville, on the other hand, held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.1 (below their season average of 25.6).
The Paladins come in on a high note after topping the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles in their last outing, 64-50. Furman was led by Matt Rafferty, who put up nine points, 14 rebounds and five steals. Furman played a perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.422 (below their season average of 0.507) and a free throw rate of 0.156 (below their season average of 0.200). Tennessee Tech recorded marks of 0.350 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Furman should have a substantial edge. Dating back to last season, the Paladins offense ranks 39th in that metric at 0.543, while the UNC Asheville defense ranks 233rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.512).
The Bulldogs won the only game against the Paladins last season, 64-58. UNC Asheville had a much better turnover percentage (14.3 vs. 25.7). Furman, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 25.0).
UNC Asheville Bulldogs vs. Furman Paladins ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Paladins rank 88th in assists per game (14.7) while the Bulldogs rank 186th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Furman ranks 191st in rebounds per game (35.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 238th (34.3).
- Furman ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while UNC Asheville ranks 215th (20.0).
- The Paladins rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bulldogs rank 133rd (3.3).
- UNC Asheville averages 9.2 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. Furman ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (5.9).