The NIT battle between the USC Trojans (23-11) and the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (21-12) will take place at Galen Center. USC opened as an 18-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 152 points. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at USC Trojans ATS Preview
In the Bulldogs’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Liberty Flames, 69-64. UNC Asheville’s MaCio Teague put together a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 19 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Liberty did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent). UNC Asheville, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 18.0).
The Trojans are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-61 loss to the No. 15 Arizona Wildcats in their last game. With 12 points and nine assists, USC’s Jordan McLaughlin put together a good game. Arizona had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.1 (above their season average of 32.9). USC, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.4 vs. 18.0).
USC appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Trojans currently rank 40th in offensive efficiency, while UNC Asheville ranks 189th in defensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. UNC Asheville games have gone under 75.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of games featuring USC have gone under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (21-12 for UNC Asheville; 23-11 for USC), but the Trojans have the edge against the spread (ATS). USC is 20-13-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 1-2-1.
Raekwon Miller has really been playing well over the last five games for UNC Asheville, averaging 11.0 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at USC Trojans Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – USC, ATS Winner – USC, O/U – Over
- The Trojans average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 66th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- USC ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while UNC Asheville ranks 147th (6.4).
- The Trojans average 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 49th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 170th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- UNC Asheville ranks 171st in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while USC ranks 232nd (23.4).
- The Trojans’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (0.2 below their season average).