BigSou foes will collide when the Presbyterian Blue Hose (8-9, 1-3 BigSou) square off against the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (9-8, 2-2 BigSou) at Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs vs. Presbyterian Blue Hose Free Preview
The Bulldogs defeated the Longwood Lancers in their last outing, 90-80. MaCio Teague was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-19 shooting. UNC Asheville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 (above their season average of 27.9) and a turnover percentage of 20.8 (worse than their season average of 18.9). Longwood had marks of 3.4 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Blue Hose’s last matchup, they were defeated by the Campbell Fighting Camels, 83-79. Davon Bell led Presbyterian in scoring with 26 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Campbell did a terrific job of making free throws (20-22; 90.9 percent). Presbyterian, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 14.5).
It could be a tough game for Presbyterian on the offensive glass. The Blue Hose are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 288th in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.0 percent. Meanwhile, UNC Asheville ranks 47th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.0 percent.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Bulldogs won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, UNC Asheville won 89-48. The Bulldogs dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.429 and a turnover percentage of 11.2. For those same stats, the Blue Hose put up marks of 0.061 and 25.1, respectively.
UNC Asheville Bulldogs at Presbyterian Blue Hose ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 97th in assists per game (14.6) while the Blue Hose rank 145th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Presbyterian ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while UNC Asheville ranks 55th (2.9).
- Presbyterian ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while UNC Asheville ranks 176th (8.1).
- The Blue Hose rank 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while the Bulldogs rank 174th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- UNC Asheville ranks 165th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Presbyterian ranks 243rd (32.5).
- The Blue Hose have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Presbyterian has defeated opponents by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.6 points per game (10.4 above their season average).