The UT Martin Skyhawks (1-4) will be at home in Skyhawk Arena when they meet the UMKC Kangaroos (2-5). Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
UMKC Kangaroos at UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Preview
In the Kangaroos last outing, they lost a close one to the Penn Quakers, 68-65. UMKCs Xavier Bishop put together a good performance, finishing with 15 points, six rebounds and five assists. Penn held the Kangaroos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.8 (below their season average of 20.8). UMKC, on the other hand, forced the Quakers into a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 12.8).
The Skyhawks are trying to rebound after their 69-66 loss to the Southern University Jaguars in their last game. Fatodd Lewis led UT Martin in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-19 shooting. Southern University had a free throw rate of 0.478 (above their season average of 0.199). UT Martin, meanwhile, held the Jaguars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 31.2).
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for UT Martin in this battle. The Skyhawks rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 percent), while UMKC ranks 272nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent) dating back to last season.
The Skyhawks won the lone contest against the Kangaroos last season, 77-66. The Skyhawks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.455. For those same stats, the Kangaroos were 15.7 and 0.381, respectively.
UMKC Kangaroos vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UT Martin, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Skyhawks rank 139th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Kangaroos rank 236th (2.5).
- UMKC averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. UT Martin ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- UMKC ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while UT Martin ranks 314th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Skyhawks rank 55th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while the Kangaroos rank 289th (38.3).
- UT Martin ranks 50th in assists per game (15.5) while UMKC ranks 220th (12.6).