WAC foes will collide when the Grand Canyon Antelopes (15-7, 4-2 WAC) meet the UMKC Kangaroos (6-17, 1-5 WAC) at Grand Canyon University Arena. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UMKC Kangaroos at Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Preview
In the Kangaroos’ last game, they were blown out by the New Mexico State Aggies, 73-48. UMKC’s Aleer Leek recorded four points and 10 rebounds in the contest. New Mexico State’s 0.125 free throw rate was their largest strength over UMKC, who had a rate of 0.055. The Aggies’ mark was below their season average of 0.166, while the Kangaroos’ was below their season average of 0.243.
The Antelopes are hoping for a better outcome after their 68-56 loss to the Utah Valley Wolverines in their last game. Alessandro Lever was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Utah Valley did an excellent job of making free throws (22-30; 73.3 percent). Grand Canyon, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.0 (above their season average of 32.6).
When considering effective field goal percentage, Grand Canyon should have a noteworthy advantage. The Antelopes defense ranks third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.433), while the UMKC offense is ranked 306th in effective field goal percentage (0.476).
These teams have already met once this season. The Antelopes won 86-69. The Antelopes played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.436. For those same stats, the Kangaroos recorded marks of 14.3 and 0.250, respectively. Lever recorded a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds.
UMKC Kangaroos vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UMKC, ATS Winner – UMKC, O/U – Over
- The Antelopes rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Kangaroos rank 108th (3.5).
- UMKC ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Grand Canyon ranks 126th (6.5).
- Grand Canyon averages 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 38th in the nation. UMKC ranks 285th in rebounds allowed per game (41.8).
- The Antelopes rank 30th in assists per game (16.9) while the Kangaroos rank 237th (11.4).
- Grand Canyon ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (15.6) while UMKC ranks 114th (21.3).
- The Antelopes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Kangaroos have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).