The No. 16 UMBC Retrievers (25-10) clash against the No. 9 Kansas State Wildcats (23-11) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Spectrum Center. The game gets underway at 7:45 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Kansas State Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats defeated the No. 8 Creighton Bluejays 69-59, while the Retrievers easily got past the No. 1 Virginia Cavaliers 74-54.
UMBC played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.208 (above their season average of 0.198) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.531). For those same stats, Virginia recorded marks of 0.071 and 0.446, respectively. The Wildcats, meanwhile, had a superb free throw rate of 0.280 (above their season average of 0.249) and held the Bluejays to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.581). Kansas State’s Barry Brown Jr. had a good game, putting up 18 points and six rebounds. UMBC, meanwhile, rallied around Jairus Lyles, who put up 28 points.
Kansas State should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Wildcats rank 82nd in effective field goal percentage (0.535), while UMBC ranks 211th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.511).
UMBC Retrievers vs. Kansas State Wildcats ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Over
- UMBC ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Kansas State ranks 221st (20.1).
- The Retrievers rank 53rd in assists per game (15.5) while the Wildcats rank 99th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Kansas State ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while UMBC ranks 46th (2.7).
- The Wildcats rank 22nd in steals per game (7.7) while the Retrievers rank 157th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- UMBC ranks 184th in rebounds per game (34.8) while Kansas State ranks 301st (30.7).
- During their last five games, the Retrievers have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (7.8 below their season average).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.6 points.