The Delaware State Hornets (2-6) will be at home in Memorial Hall when they square off against the UMBC Retrievers (5-4). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Delaware State Hornets Free Preview
The Retrievers dismantled the Citadel Bulldogs in their last contest, 98-72. K.J. Maura was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting. The Retrievers had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 47.7 (above their season average of 31.6) and held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.391 (below their season average of 0.509).
The last time the Hornets played, they were blown out by the East Carolina Pirates, 63-57. Artem Tavakalyan was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting. East Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.250). Delaware State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (14.3 vs. 20.5).
UMBC could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. Since last season, the Retrievers rank 47th in offensive efficiency, while Delaware State ranks 322nd in defensive efficiency.
The Retrievers won the only contest against the Hornets last season, 90-68. The Retrievers played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.623 and a free throw rate of 0.230. The Hornets were 0.397 and 0.206, respectively, for those same stats.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Delaware State Hornets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Retrievers rank 171st in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while the Hornets rank 277th (38.0).
- UMBC ranks 114th in steals per game (6.7) while Delaware State ranks 195th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- UMBC ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Delaware State ranks 284th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Retrievers average 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The Hornets rank 270th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- UMBC ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Delaware State ranks 152nd (3.5).