The Army West Point Black Knights (3-2) and the UMBC Retrievers (4-3) face off in the Bulldog Bash at McAlister Field House. Action starts at 5 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview
The Retrievers won big over the Shenandoah Hornets in their last matchup, 88-59. With 12 points and 12 rebounds, Arkel Lamar had a solid performance for UMBC. UMBC dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 (above their season average of 29.0) and a turnover percentage of 20.4 (worse than their season average of 16.7). For those same stats, Shenandoah was 25.0 and 28.5, respectively.
In the Black Knights last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Niagara Purple Eagles, 77-71. With 16 points and 12 rebounds, Army West Point’s Matt Wilson had a solid performance. Niagara had a much better free throw rate (0.292 vs. 0.028). Army West Point, on the other hand, held the Purple Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.446 (below their season average of 0.514).
Second-chance points might be scarce for Army West Point in this meeting. The Black Knights rank 240th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.0 percent), while UMBC ranks 84th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.2 percent) dating back to last season.
UMBC Retrievers vs. Army West Point Black Knights Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Retrievers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Black Knights rank 193rd (3.8).
- Army West Point ranks 38th in rebounds per game (38.8) while UMBC ranks 201st (35.2).
- Army West Point averages 25.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the NCAA. UMBC ranks 250th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Black Knights rank 17th in assists per game (16.7) while the Retrievers rank 234th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- UMBC averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 95th in the NCAA. Army West Point ranks 262nd in steals allowed per game (7.4).