AmEast foes will collide when the New Hampshire Wildcats (10-15, 6-5 AmEast) take on the UMBC Retrievers (17-9, 8-3 AmEast) at Lundholm Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UMBC Retrievers at New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Preview
The last time the Retrievers played, they beat the Binghamton Bearcats, 78-68. Joe Sherburne was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 10-for-13 shooting. UMBC played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 16.0) and a free throw rate of 0.203 (above their season average of 0.197). For those same stats, Binghamton recorded marks of 14.1 and 0.129, respectively.
The Wildcats hope to maintain momentum after topping the Maine Black Bears in their last game, 71-56. Iba Camara had a good outing for New Hampshire, recording 15 points and 16 rebounds. New Hampshire dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.6 (above their season average of 32.3) and a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 15.7). For those same stats, Maine had marks of 8.8 and 18.6, respectively.
New Hampshire appears to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Wildcats rank 82nd in offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 percent), while UMBC ranks 187th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.3 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Retrievers won 71-67. UMBC had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 23.2). New Hampshire, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.0). Jairus Lyles was the games leading scorer with 27 points.
UMBC Retrievers at New Hampshire Wildcats Free Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Retrievers rank 190th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- UMBC ranks 37th in steals per game (7.5) while New Hampshire ranks 247th (3.5).
- The Wildcats average 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Retrievers rank 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- UMBC ranks 56th in assists per game (15.7) while New Hampshire ranks 232nd (12.0).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, New Hampshire has defeated opponents by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Retrievers have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average).