The Texas Tech Red Raiders welcome the UIW Cardinals to United Supermarkets Arena to kick off the new season. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
UIW Cardinals vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Odds
Texas Tech made the tournament last season after a 24-9 regular season campaign that earned them a three seed in the tournament. They made it to the Elite Eight, where they were defeated by the Villanova Wildcats. UIW, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following a 7-21 regular season campaign.
Texas Tech could have their way on defense as they battle against one of the country’s worst offenses. Last season, the Red Raiders ranked 14th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.463), while UIW was 306th in effective field goal percentage (0.481). It could also be an error-filled game for the Cardinals’ offense, which ranked 343rd in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.1 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Red Raiders, which forced the 24th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.9 percent).
UIW Cardinals vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UIW, ATS Winner – UIW, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Texas Tech ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while UIW ranks 286th (38.4).
- The Cardinals rank 19th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Red Raiders rank 184th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Texas Tech ranks 258th in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while UIW ranks 291st (17.6).
- The Red Raiders average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Cardinals rank 243rd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Texas Tech ranks 111th in assists per game (14.3) while UIW ranks 283rd (11.1).