The UIC Flames (5-8) will attempt to put an end to their five-game road losing streak when they square off against the Wright State Raiders (8-5), who look to prolong their six-game home winning streak. Wright State is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 135 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
UIC Flames vs. Wright State Raiders Free Preview
In the Flames last outing, they had no trouble getting past the Trinity Christian Trolls, 84-45. Dikembe Dixson was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-18 shooting. UIC dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.433 (above their season average of 0.263) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 19.7). For those same stats, Trinity Christian was 0.107 and 25.0, respectively.
The Raiders come in on a high note after beating the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in their last outing, 85-81. Wright State received a boost from Grant Benzinger, who was the teams leading scorer with 22 points on 5-for-9 shooting. The Raiders, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.477, had a great mark of 0.598 and had a better turnover percentage (20.2 vs. 20.7).
It could be a sloppy game for the UIC offense. UIC ranks 318th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Wright State forces the 22nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.1 percent).
Games featuring these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. UIC games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while Wright State games have gone under 63.6 percent of the time. The Raiders hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-5 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Flames are 5-8 SU and 2-7 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Raiders won both meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Wright State won 87-49. The Raiders played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.625 and a turnover percentage of 14.3. The Flames put up marks of 0.337 and 20.6, respectively, for those same stats.
UIC Flames vs. Wright State Raiders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wright State, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- UIC is 1-4 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Wright State is 3-2 ATS at home with 5 unders and 0 overs.
- UIC ranks 20th in blocks per game (7.2) while Wright State ranks 194th (1.7).
- The Flames rank 39th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Raiders rank 145th (35.7).
- Wright State ranks 83rd in steals per game (6.8) while UIC ranks 141st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Wright State is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UIC is 2-2 ATS with 4 unders.
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (7.2 below their season average).