Hor foes will battle when the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (14-9, 6-4 Hor) go head-to-head with the UIC Flames (12-11, 7-3 Hor) at Athletics Center Orena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 154.5 points with Oakland set as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
UIC Flames vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Flames won big over the Milwaukee Panthers in their last matchup, 74-56. Tarkus Ferguson was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 4-for-10 shooting. The Flames held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.517). The Panthers had a free throw rate of 0.175 (below the 0.218 mark opponents have averaged against UIC this season).
In the Golden Grizzlies last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Wright State Raiders, 64-51. With 13 points and eight rebounds, Oakland’s Jalen Hayes had a good game. Wright State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 28.9). Oakland, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent).
Of UIC’s 19 games with betting action, 11 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Oakland’s 20 games have finished over the projected point total. The Golden Grizzlies have the better straight up (SU) record (14-9 vs. 12-11), but the Flames hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (10-9 vs. 7-13).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 146 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 156. The Golden Grizzlies won 78-68, covering as 4.5-point favorites. Oakland’s 0.236 free throw rate was their biggest strength over UIC, who had a mark of 0.180. In the victory, Kendrick Nunn led all scorers with 32 points.
UIC Flames at Oakland Golden Grizzlies Betting Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- The Flames average 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 219th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- UIC averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. Oakland ranks 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- UIC is 6-5 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- Oakland is 2-5 ATS at home with 5 overs and 2 unders.
- Oakland ranks 10th in assists per game (17.8) while UIC ranks 223rd (11.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Flames rank 248th (18.5).
- UIC averages 6.8 blocks per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Oakland ranks 181st in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Oakland is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UIC is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Golden Grizzlies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average).