The Northern Illinois Huskies (6-5) will be at home in Convocation Center when they go head-to-head with the UIC Flames (4-7). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 144.5 points with Northern Illinois set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
UIC Flames vs. Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview,
In the Flames last game, they lost a close one to the Illinois State Redbirds, 71-70. With 23 points on 10-for-12 shooting, Marcus Ottey was the games leading scorer. Illinois State had a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 15.8). UIC, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.388 (above their season average of 0.260).
The Huskies are trying to rebound after their 79-70 loss to the Marquette Golden Eagles in their last outing. Eugene German was Northern Illinois high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Marquette forced the Huskies into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 14.2). Northern Illinois, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-33; 75.8 percent).
UIC could have a tough time creating turnovers. Northern Illinois ranks 53rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while UIC forces the 181st-most turnovers (19.5 percent).
Of UIC’s 8 games with betting action, four have finished over the O/U total, while 4 of Northern Illinois 7 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Huskies have a sizable advantage. They are 6-5 SU and 4-3 ATS, while the Flames are 4-7 SU and 2-6 ATS.
German has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Northern Illinois, averaging 22.2 points and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Huskies won the sole contest last season, 92-81. The Huskies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.1 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.581. For those same stats, the Flames recorded marks of 21.1 and 0.510, respectively.
UIC Flames at Northern Illinois Huskies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Over
- The Flames rank 200th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while the Huskies rank 268th (15.8).
- Northern Illinois ranks 215th in assists per game (11.5) while UIC ranks 226th (11.0).
- UIC is 1-3 ATS on the road, while Northern Illinois is 1-1 ATS at home.
- In 4 road games, the Flames have 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Huskies have 1 over and 1 under in 2 home games.
- UIC ranks fourth in blocks per game (7.3) while Northern Illinois ranks 155th (2.6).
- The Huskies rank first in steals allowed per game (4.0) while the Flames rank 149th (7.2).
- UIC ranks 83rd in rebounds per game (38.0) while Northern Illinois ranks 177th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Northern Illinois is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UIC is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Northern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (5.7 below their season average).