Hor foes will collide when the Milwaukee Panthers (12-12, 5-6 Hor) go head-to-head with the UIC Flames (11-11, 6-3 Hor) at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 137.5 points with Milwaukee set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018.
UIC Flames at Milwaukee Panthers Betting Preview
The Flames were victorious over the IUPUI Jaguars in their last contest, 71-62. With seven points, 14 rebounds and seven assists, UIC’s Jordan Blount played well. UIC played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.496) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 29.8). For those same stats, IUPUI was 0.398 and 22.0, respectively.
In the Panthers last matchup, they blew out the Cleveland State Vikings, 70-47. With 18 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Bryce Nze was the games leading scorer. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (above their season average of 24.9) and a free throw rate of 0.204 (above their season average of 0.200). For those same stats, Cleveland State recorded marks of 8.6 and 0.140, respectively.
Milwaukee might have trouble putting up points as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. UIC ranks 76th in defensive efficiency while the Panthers rank 260th in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Games including UIC have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while 59.1 percent of Milwaukee games have gone under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (11-11 for UIC; 12-12 for Milwaukee), but the Flames hold a slight edge against the spread (ATS). UIC is 9-9 ATS, while the Panthers are 9-13.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 161 points, well over the projected point total of 136. The Flames won 88-73, covering as 1-point underdogs. UIC had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.576 vs. 0.431). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-24; 70.8 percent). Tarkus Ferguson had a stellar game, with 15 points, nine assists and seven rebounds.
UIC Flames at Milwaukee Panthers ATS Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 34.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 191st in the nation. The Flames rank 196th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- UIC is 5-5 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 6-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Flames’ 10 road games, while 9 of the Panthers’ 12 home games have gone under.
- UIC averages 6.9 blocks per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Milwaukee ranks 141st in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Panthers rank 163rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while the Flames rank 242nd (18.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 177th in assists per game (13.1) while UIC ranks 225th (12.0).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UIC is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Panthers have outscored opponents by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 0.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (9.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (3.3 above their season average).