The Liberty Flames (22-14) will be 6.5-point favorites in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Vines Center when they go head-to-head against the UIC Flames (19-15). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144.5 points and it will air on CBS Sports Network at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
UIC Flames vs. Liberty Flames ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. Liberty defeated the Central Michigan Chippewas 84-71, while UIC barely escaped the Austin Peay Governors 83-81.
UIC knocked down 19 of their 23 free throws (82.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.533 (above their season average of 0.510). Liberty, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 15.7). Scottie James was a key piece for Liberty with 20 points and nine rebounds. UIC, meanwhile, rallied around Tarkus Ferguson, who put up 21 points and nine rebounds.
UIC games have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (53.3 percent). UIC holds records of 19-15 straight up (SU) and 16-14 against the spread (ATS).
Liberty games have a tendency to finish under the total (70.0 percent). Moreover, Liberty owns records of 22-14 SU and 6-4 ATS.
Scottie James has been playing at a high level as of late for Liberty, averaging 16.8 points, 11.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks over the last five games.
UIC Flames vs. Liberty Flames Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- Liberty ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while UIC ranks 252nd (36.9).
- Liberty ranks 115th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while UIC ranks 230th (7.3).
- UIC ranks 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while Liberty ranks 237th (23.6).
- Liberty ranks 54th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while UIC ranks 278th (15.4).
- UIC ranks second in blocks per game (7.0) while Liberty ranks 224th (2.5).
- UIC’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, Liberty has scored an average of 68.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.2 points per game (3.3 below their season average).