The Illinois State Redbirds (5-6) will be at home in Redbird Arena when they challenge the UIC Flames (4-6). Illinois State is a 10-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
UIC Flames at Illinois State Redbirds Betting Preview
In the Flames last matchup, they were victorious over the Dartmouth Big Green, 76-60. With 18 points and five rebounds, UIC’s Dominique Matthews had a good game. UIC dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 19.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 29.0). Dartmouth put up marks of 21.7 and 18.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The Redbirds will look to maintain momentum after beating the Ole Miss Rebels in their last contest, 101-97. Illinois State received a boost from Milik Yarbrough, who led the team in scoring with 25 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Redbirds, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.9, had a fantastic mark of 39.5 and held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.473 (below their season average of 0.533).
UIC could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Illinois State ranks 90th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.6 percent), while UIC forces the 73rd-fewest turnovers (20.4 percent).
Games featuring these teams have typically finished over the projected point total. UIC games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while Illinois State games have gone over 75.0 percent of the time. The Redbirds hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-6 SU and 4-4 ATS, while the Flames are 4-6 SU and 1-6 ATS.
Yarbrough has been outstanding over the last five games for Illinois State, averaging 16.2 points per game.
UIC Flames at Illinois State Redbirds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Illinois State, O/U – Over
- The Redbirds rank 65th in assists per game (15.5) while the Flames rank 168th in assists allowed per game (17.1).
- UIC ranks 18th in blocks per game (7.0) while Illinois State ranks 94th (3.5).
- UIC is 0-3 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 0 unders.
- At home, Illinois State is 1-1 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- UIC ranks 52nd in rebounds per game (37.4) while Illinois State ranks 256th in rebounds allowed per game (42.2).
- The Redbirds rank 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while the Flames rank 174th (20.7).
- Illinois State ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while UIC ranks 156th (6.7).
- Illinois State is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UIC is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Redbirds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average).