Expect a shootout when the UCLA Bruins (13-6, 4-3 Pac-12) and the Oregon Ducks (12-7, 2-4 Pac-12) battle at Matthew Knight Arena. Oregon opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 152.5 points. Action begins at 10:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
UCLA Bruins vs. Oregon Ducks Betting Preview
In the Bruins last game, they lost to the Oregon State Beavers, 69-63. UCLA’s Thomas Welsh put together a solid performance, contributing 10 points and 13 rebounds. Oregon State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 33.4). UCLA, meanwhile, held the Beavers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below their season average of 0.527).
The Ducks are trying to rebound after their 75-70 loss to the No. 25 USC Trojans in their last contest. Payton Pritchard was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. USC held the Ducks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.8 (below their season average of 32.2). Oregon, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.546 vs. 0.500).
The productive offense of Oregon will square off against the mid-tier defense of UCLA. The Ducks rank 58th in offensive efficiency, while the Bruins are 194th in defensive efficiency. The Ducks figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. The Bruins won the most recent matchup 82-79. The Bruins played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.579. The Ducks recorded marks of 27.9 and 0.507, respectively, for those same stats.
UCLA Bruins at Oregon Ducks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Over
- The Ducks rank 22nd in blocks per game (5.3) while the Bruins rank 65th (4.2).
- Oregon ranks 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while UCLA ranks 68th (5.8).
- Oregon averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 42nd in the nation. UCLA ranks 245th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Ducks rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Bruins rank 190th (36.8).
- Oregon ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while UCLA ranks 129th (13.6).
- The Ducks have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, Oregon has defeated opponents by an average of 9.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (2.6 above their season average).