A high-scoring game should be expected when the Arizona State Sun Devils (18-6, 6-6 Pac-12) and the UCLA Bruins (17-7, 8-4 Pac-12) go head-to-head at Wells-Fargo Arena. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
UCLA Bruins at Arizona State Sun Devils Free Preview
The last time the Bruins played, they were victorious over the No. 13 Arizona Wildcats, 82-74. With 11 points and 12 rebounds, UCLA’s Thomas Welsh played well. UCLA’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Arizona. The Bruins had a rate of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.540), while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.577).
The Sun Devils come in on a high note after barely hanging on to beat the USC Trojans in their last outing, 80-78. Arizona State received a boost from Tra Holder, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Arizona State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.1 (better than their season average of 13.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 (below their season average of 29.8). For those same stats, USC put up marks of 22.0 and 25.0, respectively.
It might turn into a shootout as two of the nations premier offenses go head-to-head. Arizona State currently ranks 15th with 117.1 points per 100 possessions and UCLA is 37th (113.7).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Bruins won both games played against each other last season. In the last game, UCLA won 87-75. The Bruins dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 and a free throw rate of 0.206. For those same stats, the Sun Devils were 23.8 and 0.134, respectively.
UCLA Bruins vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- The Bruins rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Sun Devils rank 134th (3.7).
- Arizona State ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while UCLA ranks 83rd (5.8).
- Arizona State ranks 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while UCLA ranks 256th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- The Bruins average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. The Sun Devils rank 230th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- UCLA averages 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. Arizona State ranks 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Sun Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 10.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average).