The South Florida Bulls (7-12, 0-6 AAC) and the UCF Knights (12-6, 3-3 AAC) clash at USF Sun Dome. The Bulls look to snap their six-game losing streak. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
UCF Knights vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview
The last time the Knights played, they were beaten by the No. 12 Cincinnati Bearcats, 49-38. UCF’s Tacko Fall had seven points and nine rebounds in the game. Cincinnati had a better free throw rate (0.111 vs. 0.060). UCF, meanwhile, held the Bearcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (below their season average of 38.9).
The Bulls are hoping for a better outcome after their 90-52 loss to the East Carolina Pirates in their last outing. Stephan Jiggetts was South Florida’s leading scorer with 15 points on 6-for-11 shooting. East Carolina had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 29.9). South Florida, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.163 vs. 0.158).
The ineffective offense of South Florida (330th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 95.1) will square off against the stingy defense of UCF (sixth in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 88.8). The Knights should have the edge on that side of the ball.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Knights won both contests last season. In the most recent game, UCF won 59-56. The Knights dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 and a turnover percentage of 14.7. The Bulls recorded marks of 0.063 and 19.7, respectively, for those same stats.
UCF Knights at South Florida Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Florida, ATS Winner – South Florida, O/U – Under
- The Bulls rank 214th in assists per game (11.9) while the Knights rank 233rd (11.4).
- South Florida ranks 265th in three pointers attempted per game (16.9) while UCF ranks 273rd (15.9).
- UCF averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. South Florida ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Knights average 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 107th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- UCF averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. South Florida ranks 152nd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 28.2, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 55.0 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 49.0 points per game (9.5 below their season average).