The Stetson Hatters (7-6) will be at home in Edmunds Center when they challenge the UCF Knights (7-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UCF Knights vs. Stetson Hatters Betting Preview
In the Knights last matchup, they beat the Southeastern Louisiana Lions, 61-53. Tacko Fall was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 8-for-10 shooting. UCF dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.300 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (below their season average of 33.1). For those same stats, Southeastern Louisiana was 0.151 and 20.0, respectively.
The Hatters are trying to rebound after their 88-84 loss to the Fort Wayne Mastodons in their last game. Divine Myles led Stetson in scoring with 25 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Fort Wayne held the Hatters to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.4 (below their season average of 24.0). Stetson, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.540).
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the up-tempo Hatters will look to push the more half-court-oriented Knights. The Hatters currently rank 51st in possessions per game while the Knights are 282nd.
Myles has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Stetson, averaging 17.4 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Knights won the only game last season, 81-45. The Knights dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.379 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509. For those same stats, the Hatters put up marks of 0.103 and 0.279, respectively.
UCF Knights at Stetson Hatters Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Over
- The Knights rank 46th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Hatters rank 175th (2.2).
- Stetson ranks 46th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while UCF ranks 163rd (7.5).
- Stetson ranks 81st in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while UCF ranks 260th (15.5).
- The Hatters rank 66th in assists per game (15.5) while the Knights rank 238th (10.5).
- UCF ranks 55th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Stetson ranks 216th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Hatters average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.6 points per game (6.7 below their season average).