The UCF Knights (14-9, 5-6 AAC) and the Memphis Tigers (14-10, 5-6 AAC), who both like to play slow, will battle at FedExForum. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
UCF Knights at Memphis Tigers Free Preview
The last time the Knights played, they were blown out by the No. 6 Cincinnati Bearcats, 77-40. Ceasar DeJesus put together a good game for UCF, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting. Cincinnati held the Knights to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.2 (below their season average of 31.1). UCF, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.304 (above their season average of 0.273).
The Tigers are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-65 loss to the No. 22 Wichita State Shockers in their last outing. With 12 points, Kareem Brewton Jr. had a solid performance for Memphis. Wichita State had a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 14.6). Memphis, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (23-31; 74.2 percent).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Memphis currently ranks 293rd in possessions per game (67.2) and UCF is 335th (65.4). Moreover, the Knights fifth-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.443) will clash against the Tigers 284th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.489).
Of UCF’s 18 games with betting action, 13 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Memphis 21 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (14-9 for UCF; 14-10 for Memphis), but the Knights have the advantage against the spread (ATS). UCF is 10-8 ATS, while the Tigers are 8-12-1.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 121 points, just under the projected point total of 126. The Knights won 65-56, covering as 8-point favorites. The Knights played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.413 and a turnover percentage of 15.6. The Tigers recorded marks of 0.176 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats. A.J. Davis put up a double-double in the victory with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
UCF Knights at Memphis Tigers ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 127th in steals per game (6.2) while the Knights rank 165th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- UCF averages 37.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. Memphis ranks 99th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7).
- Memphis is 5-6-1 ATS at home, while UCF is 5-5 ATS on the road.
- In 10 road games, the Knights have 8 unders and 2 overs.
- The Tigers have 7 unders and 5 overs in 12 home games.
- Memphis ranks 52nd in blocks per game (4.3) while UCF ranks 175th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Tigers rank 204th in assists per game (12.6) while the Knights rank 265th (10.9).
- Memphis ranks 250th in three pointers attempted per game (18.8) while UCF ranks 294th (16.1).
- Memphis is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UCF is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (10.1 above their season average).