The No. 24 Alabama Crimson Tide (6-1) look to lengthen their five-game home winning streak in a matchup against the UCF Knights (4-3) at Coleman Coliseum. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
UCF Knights at Alabama Crimson Tide Free Preview
In the Knights last outing, they lost a close one to the Missouri Tigers, 62-59. With 14 points on 5-for-11 shooting, A.J. Davis was UCF’s high scorer. Missouri had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 19.5). UCF, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.135 vs. 0.073).
The Crimson Tide come in on a high note after edging the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in their last contest, 77-74. With 22 points on 6-for-19 shooting, Collin Sexton was the top scorer from either team. Alabama dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.259) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.463 (below their season average of 0.605). Louisiana Tech was 0.338 and 0.400, respectively, for those same stats.
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the NCAA’s best defenses battle. Alabama ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency (95.7) and UCF is eighth (93.2) since last season.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. UCF games have finished under 83.3 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of games including Alabama have gone over. The Crimson Tide hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (6-1 vs. 4-3), but the Knights have the better against the spread (ATS) record (4-2 vs. 3-3).
UCF Knights vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Knights average 40.6 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 95th in rebounds allowed per game (34.0).
- Alabama averages 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 47th in the NCAA. UCF ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Alabama ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while UCF ranks 294th (24.1).
- The Crimson Tide rank third in assists allowed per game (10.0) while the Knights rank 173rd (13.4).
- Alabama ranks 185th in steals per game (6.0) while UCF ranks 305th (4.3).