The Pepperdine Waves (1-2) will be at home in Firestone Fieldhouse when they take on the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (1-2). UC Santa Barbara opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 146.5 points. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos at Pepperdine Waves Free Preview
The Gauchos got blown out by the No. 16 Texas A&M Aggies in their last game, 84-65. Max Heidegger put together a solid performance for UC Santa Barbara, leading the team in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Texas A&M did an excellent job of making free throws (13-17; 76.5 percent). UC Santa Barbara, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 vs. 36.4).
In the Waves last matchup, they were blown out by the Northern Colorado Bears, 84-82. Matthew Atewe was Pepperdines leading scorer with 15 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Northern Colorado had a much better free throw rate (0.446 vs. 0.268). Pepperdine, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.0 vs. 12.2).
Getting to the line could be few and far between for UC Santa Barbara in this meeting. The Gauchos rank 342nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.187, while Pepperdine ranks 53rd in FTA rate allowed (0.207) since the 2016-17 season.
The Gauchos have had records of 7-24 straight up (SU) and 11-15-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. UC Santa Barbara games have had a tendency to go under the projected point total since last season (70.4 percent).
Meanwhile, the Waves, are 10-24 SU and 10-22 ATS since last season. Pepperdines games have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same period (62.5 percent).
UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. Pepperdine Waves Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gauchos rank 231st in three pointers attempted per game (19.4) while the Waves rank 320th (15.6).
- Pepperdine ranks 236th in blocks per game (2.5) while UC Santa Barbara ranks 249th (2.4).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 114th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Pepperdine ranks 251st (34.0).
- The Waves rank 165th in assists per game (13.5) while the Gauchos rank 301st in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 35th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Pepperdine ranks 135th (6.1).