BigWst foes will collide when the CSUN Matadors (6-19, 3-8 BigWst) clash against the UC Riverside Highlanders (6-18, 1-9 BigWst) at Matadome. CSUN is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 129.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UC Riverside Highlanders vs. CSUN Matadors Odds Preview
The Highlanders lost to the UC Irvine Anteaters in their last contest, 62-52. UC Riverside’s DJ Sylvester had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 3-for-7 shooting. UC Irvine’s 35.7 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over UC Riverside, who had a mark of 27.5. The Anteaters mark was above their season average of 34.3.
In the Matadors last game, they defeated the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 77-71. With 22 points on 11-for-16 shooting, Tavrion Dawson was the games high scorer. The Matadors, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.473, had a phenomenal mark of 0.733 and had a better turnover percentage (17.6 vs. 17.6).
UC Riverside could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Highlanders currently rank 35th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while CSUN is 307th in effective field goal percentage (0.481).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. UC Riverside games have finished under 68.4 percent of the time, while CSUN games have finished under 68.2 percent of the time. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Highlanders are 6-18 SU and 9-10 ATS, while the Matadors are 6-19 SU and 9-12-1 ATS.
Dawson has really been playing well over the last five games for CSUN, averaging 17.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 123 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 133.5. The Matadors won 66-57, covering as 7-point underdogs. CSUN had a much better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 18.6). UC Riverside, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.0 vs. 22.9). Dawson recorded a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
UC Riverside Highlanders vs. CSUN Matadors ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – CSUN, ATS Winner – CSUN, O/U – Under
- The Highlanders rank 113th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Matadors rank 149th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- UC Riverside is 5-5 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 3 overs.
- CSUN is 3-4 ATS at home with 7 unders and 0 overs.
- CSUN ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while UC Riverside ranks 203rd (23.1).
- The Highlanders rank 156th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Matadors rank 288th (31.6).
- UC Riverside ranks 200th in assists per game (12.6) while CSUN ranks 237th (11.7).
- CSUN is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games. ,
- Over their last five games, UC Riverside is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Matadors average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.0, up from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 58.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (0.7 below their season average).