The UC Davis Aggies (22-10) square off against the Utah Runnin’ Utes (19-11) in the NIT at Jon M. Huntsman Center. The Runnin’ Utes opened as a 12.5-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 139 points and it will air on ESPN 3 at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
UC Davis Aggies vs. Utah Runnin’ Utes ATS Odds
Both teams lost a close one in their last game. The Runnin’ Utes fell to the Oregon Ducks, 68-66, while the Aggies were defeated by the Cal State Fullerton Titans, 55-52.
UC Davis had a better turnover percentage (17.3 vs. 21.2) while Utah had an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.538). Utah was lifted by Justin Bibbins, who contributed 20 points. AJ John, meanwhile fueled UC Davis with 13 points.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Utah. Utah ranks 133rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 17.9 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of UC Davis forces the 21st-most turnovers in the nation (22.5 percent).
Vegas is known to place the total low when the Aggies are involved, as 17 of their 29 games have ended over the total. UC Davis holds records of 22-10 straight up (SU) and 16-11-2 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to UC Davis, Runnin’ Utes games tend to finish under the projected point total (60.7 percent). Additionally, Utah is 19-11 SU and 15-10-3 ATS.
AJ John has been impressive as of late for UC Davis, averaging 14.0 points and 6.0 rebounds over the last five games.
UC Davis Aggies at Utah Runnin’ Utes Odds Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Utah, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Under
- Utah ranks 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while UC Davis ranks 277th (17.3).
- The Runnin’ Utes rank 229th in rebounds per game (33.7) while the Aggies rank 279th (32.4).
- Utah ranks 109th in blocks per game (3.5) while UC Davis ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Aggies average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. The Runnin’ Utes rank 128th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Utah ranks 38th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while UC Davis ranks 95th (12.6).
- The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Runnin’ Utes have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average).