BigWst foes will battle when the Long Beach State 49ers (12-13, 6-3 BigWst) clash against the UC Davis Aggies (15-7, 6-2 BigWst) at The Walter Pyramid. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
UC Davis Aggies at Long Beach State 49ers Free Preview
In the Aggies last matchup, they were victorious over the CSUN Matadors, 63-56. Siler Schneider was UC Davis leading scorer with 15 points on 6-for-15 shooting. The Aggies had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 18.5) and held the Matadors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 24.0).
The 49ers are trying to rebound after their 75-68 loss to the UC Irvine Anteaters in their last game. Gabe Levin led Long Beach State in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. UC Irvine held the 49ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.9 (below their season average of 32.8). Long Beach State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 19.1).
It could be an error-filled game for the Long Beach State offense. Long Beach State ranks 321st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.8 percent), while the pesky defense of UC Davis forces the 20th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.4 percent). Also, the Aggies rank 23rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.296), while the 49ers rank 58th in opponents FTA rate (0.198).
Schneider has really been playing well over the last five games for UC Davis, averaging 15.2 points and 3.2 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Aggies won 84-75. UC Davis had a much better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 20.8). Long Beach State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.6 vs. 20.0). Schneider scored a game-high 29 points.
UC Davis Aggies vs. Long Beach State 49ers ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – UC Davis, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Under
- The 49ers rank 270th in three pointers attempted per game (17.0) while the Aggies rank 284th (15.9).
- Long Beach State averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. UC Davis ranks 75th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- UC Davis averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. Long Beach State ranks 202nd in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- The Aggies rank 82nd in assists allowed per game (12.4) while the 49ers rank 236th (15.8).
- Long Beach State ranks 161st in rebounds per game (35.4) while UC Davis ranks 249th (32.5).
- The 49ers have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Long Beach State has lost by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average).