BigWst foes will collide when the CSUN Matadors (5-16, 2-5 BigWst) clash against the UC Davis Aggies (14-7, 5-2 BigWst) at Matadome. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 130 points with UC Davis set as an 8.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UC Davis Aggies vs. CSUN Matadors ATS Preview
In the Aggies’ last contest, they dismantled the Cal Poly Mustangs, 80-56. Chima Moneke was the game’s high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting. UC Davis dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 26.6) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 18.7). Cal Poly had marks of 12.9 and 18.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The Matadors are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-66 loss to the Long Beach State 49ers in their last matchup. Tavrion Dawson was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-13 shooting. Long Beach State did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-21; 76.2 percent). CSUN, meanwhile, forced the 49ers into a turnover percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 19.0).
The ineffective offense of CSUN will go head-to-head against the elite defense of UC Davis. The Matadors currently rank 313th in offensive efficiency, while the Aggies are 38th in defensive efficiency. The Aggies figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. UC Davis games have gone over 66.7 percent of the time, while 72.2 percent of games involving CSUN have finished under. The Aggies hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-7 SU and 11-5-2 ATS, while the Matadors are 5-16 SU and 7-10-1 ATS.
Dawson has really been playing well over the last five games for CSUN, averaging 15.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 119 points, which was under the projected point total of 130. The Aggies won 63-56, but were unable to cover as 14-point favorites. The Aggies dominated every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0 and a free throw rate of 0.185. The Matadors were 21.9 and 0.151, respectively, for those same stats. Micheal Warren scored a game-high 20 points.
UC Davis Aggies vs. CSUN Matadors Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – UC Davis, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Over”
- The Matadors rank 221st in assists per game (12.0) while the Aggies rank 225th (11.9).
- On the road, UC Davis is 7-4 ATS with 9 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, CSUN is 2-4 ATS with 6 unders and 0 overs.
- UC Davis ranks 39th in steals per game (7.6) while CSUN ranks 189th (5.2).
- The Matadors rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while the Aggies rank 71st (20.1).
- UC Davis ranks 258th in rebounds per game (32.5) while CSUN ranks 270th (32.1).
- CSUN is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, UC Davis is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Matadors’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (3.7 above their season average).