The Cal State Fullerton Titans (10-5, 3-0 BigWst) can lengthen a five-game home winning streak when they square off against the UC Davis Aggies (11-5, 2-0 BigWst) at Titan Gym. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
UC Davis Aggies at Cal State Fullerton Titans Betting Preview
In the Aggies last contest, they beat the UC Riverside Highlanders, 75-65. Chima Moneke was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 6-for-9 shooting. UC Davis played a flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.420 (above their season average of 0.309) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.540 (above their season average of 0.525). For those same stats, UC Riverside recorded marks of 0.153 and 0.475, respectively.
The Titans come in on a high note after barely hanging on to beat the UC Irvine Anteaters in their last matchup, 67-64. Cal State Fullerton was lifted by Jackson Rowe, who led the team in scoring with 14 points on 3-for-5 shooting. The Titans made 23 of their 31 free throws (74.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.524 (above their season average of 0.512).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Cal State Fullerton. Cal State Fullerton ranks 309th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of UC Davis forces the 21st-most turnovers in the nation (23.9 percent). Additionally, the Aggies are among the nations best at getting to the line, ranking 11th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.316). The Titans, meanhwile, rank 269th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.266.
Rowe has been impressive over the last five games for Cal State Fullerton, averaging 13.4 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Aggies won two out of three contests last season. In the most recent contest, UC Davis won 66-64. The Aggies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6 and a superb free throw rate of 0.262. The Titans recorded marks of 29.8 and 0.224, respectively, for those same stats.
UC Davis Aggies vs. Cal State Fullerton Titans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UC Davis, ATS Winner – UC Davis, O/U – Over
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 117th in rebounds per game (36.9) while UC Davis ranks 255th (31.9).
- The Aggies rank 26th in steals per game (8.3) while the Titans rank 121st (6.1).
- Cal State Fullerton ranks 267th in three pointers attempted per game (16.1) while UC Davis ranks 268th (16.1).
- The Titans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average).