The UAPB Golden Lions (0-11) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they challenge the Weber State Wildcats (4-5) at Dee Events Center. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
UAPB Golden Lions at Weber State Wildcats ATS Preview
In the Golden Lions last game, they were blown out by the Fresno State Bulldogs, 78-52. With 16 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Martaveous McKnight led UAPB in scoring. Fresno State’s 0.235 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over UAPB, who had a mark of 0.113. The Bulldogs mark was below their season average of 0.302, while the Golden Lions was below their season average of 0.229.
The Wildcats are trying to rebound after their 74-68 loss to the BYU Cougars in their last matchup. Jerrick Harding was the games high scorer with 29 points on 12-for-20 shooting. BYU did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent). Weber State, meanwhile, forced the Cougars into a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above their season average of 16.1).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams battle. Weber State ranks 255th in possessions per game (69.5) and UAPB is 325th (68.7) dating back to last season.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Weber State Wildcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UAPB, ATS Winner – UAPB, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (16.7) while the Golden Lions rank 97th (20.4).
- UAPB is 10th in the NCAA with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while Weber State is 38th with 2.3 blocks allowed per game.
- Weber State ranks 58th in assists per game (13.6) while UAPB ranks 251st (10.3).
- The Wildcats rank 59th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while the Golden Lions rank 229th (36.6).
- UAPB ranks 51st in steals per game (8.4) while Weber State ranks 161st in steals allowed per game (5.3).