The Texas State Bobcats (1-2) and the UAPB Golden Lions (0-5) go head-to-head at Spanos Center. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Texas State Bobcats Betting Preview
The Golden Lions lost to the Air Force Falcons in their last outing, 57-47. With 15 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Martaveous McKnight was UAPBs high scorer. Air Force did a terrific job of making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent). UAPB, on the other hand, held the Falcons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.360 (below their season average of 0.514).
In the Bobcats last game, they topped the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 75-58. With 19 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Nijal Pearson was the games leading scorer. Texas State played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 and a free throw rate of 0.400. For those same stats, Texas-Rio Grande Valley put up marks of 21.1 and 0.204, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Texas State figures to have a considerable advantage. Since last season, the Bobcats defense ranks 47th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470), while the UAPB offense ranks 331st in effective field goal percentage (0.459).
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Texas State Bobcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UAPB, ATS Winner – UAPB, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Lions rank 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bobcats rank 189th (3.7).
- Texas State ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while UAPB ranks 126th (20.6).
- Texas State ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while UAPB ranks 231st (14.1).
- The Bobcats rank 81st in steals allowed per game (5.7) while the Golden Lions rank 284th (9.4).
- Texas State ranks 56th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while UAPB ranks 228th (36.7).