The UAPB Golden Lions (0-10) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they challenge the Fresno State Bulldogs (8-2) at Save Mart Center. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
UAPB Golden Lions at Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview
The Golden Lions were blown out by the Oregon State Beavers in their last contest, 85-58. With 20 points on 8-for-9 shooting, Travon Harper was the top scorer from either team. Oregon State out-rebounded UAPB. The Beavers had 13 offensive rebounds and 35 total rebounds, while the Golden Lions had five and 22, respectively.
The last time the Bulldogs played, they blew out the Cal Poly Mustangs, 83-63. Ray Bowles had a good outing for Fresno State, finishing with 19 points and six rebounds. The Bulldogs knocked down 22 of their 27 free throws (81.5 percent) and held the Mustangs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.400 (below their season average of 0.528).
Fresno State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Bulldogs rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while UAPB ranks 323rd in defensive efficiency. Also, the Golden Lions rank 339th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.1 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
UAPB Golden Lions vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fresno State, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while the Golden Lions rank 82nd (20.5).
- UAPB ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Fresno State ranks 45th (2.8).
- Fresno State ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (28.7) while UAPB ranks 238th (38.8).
- The Bulldogs rank 47th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Golden Lions rank 238th (17.3).
- Fresno State ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while UAPB ranks 201st (8.1).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.2, up from 13.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Lions have scored an average of 59.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).