The UAPB Golden Lions (2-6) will travel to the Thunderdome to challenge the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (6-2). Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
UAPB Golden Lions at UC Santa Barbara Gauchos Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Gauchos beat the Wyoming Cowboys, 76-66, while the Golden Lions were beaten by the San Diego State Aztecs, 76-60.
UC Santa Barbara dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 and a free throw rate of 0.447. Wyoming was 0.405 and 0.328, respectively, for those same stats. UAPB, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 27.0). Jaquori McLaughlin led the way for UC Santa Barbara, recording 17 points. UAPB rallied around Martaveous McKnight, who had 29 points and eight rebounds.
The prolific offense of UC Santa Barbara will face off against the bottom-tier defense of UAPB. Dating back to last season, the Gauchos rank 54th in offensive efficiency, while the Golden Lions are 273rd in defensive efficiency. The Gauchos should have the edge on that side of the ball.
UAPB at UC Santa Barbara Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UC Santa Barbara, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- UC Santa Barbara ranks second in steals allowed per game (3.9) while UAPB ranks 250th (7.8).
- The Gauchos rank 231st in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while the Golden Lions rank 256th (19.3).
- UAPB allows the eighth-fewest blocks per game (2.1) while UC Santa Barbara ranks 22nd (2.5).
- The Gauchos rank 98th in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Golden Lions rank 312th (30.2).
- UC Santa Barbara ranks 84th in assists per game (14.8) while UAPB ranks 255th (11.7).