The Charlotte 49ers (5-14, 1-7 CUSA), who are currently on a six-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the UAB Blazers (14-8, 5-4 CUSA) to Dale F. Halton Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147 points with UAB opening as a 10.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
UAB Blazers at Charlotte 49ers Betting Preview
In the Blazers’ last contest, they fell to the UTSA Roadrunners, 82-70. UAB’s William Lee had 13 points and 10 rebounds in the game. UTSA made 15 of their 28 three pointers (53.6 percent). UAB, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.193 vs. 0.045).
The 49ers are trying to rebound after their 88-66 loss to the Old Dominion Monarchs in their last game. Ryan Murphy was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 9-for-11 shooting. Old Dominion had an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.3 (above their season average of 33.0). Charlotte, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.325 (above their season average of 0.273).
It could be a tough game for Charlotte on the offensive glass. The 49ers are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 261st in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.7 percent. Meanwhile, UAB ranks 35th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.3 percent. Furthermore, the Blazers’ 33rd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 113.9) will battle against the 49ers’ 271st-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 107.2).
Of UAB’s 16 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 9 of Charlotte’s 16 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Blazers have a substantial advantage. They are 14-8 SU and 7-9 ATS, while the 49ers are 5-14 SU and 4-12 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Blazers won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, UAB won 74-73. The Blazers’ 29.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the 49ers, who had a mark of 14.3.
UAB Blazers at Charlotte 49ers Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – Charlotte, O/U – Under
- The Blazers rank 73rd in blocks per game (3.9) while the 49ers rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- UAB averages 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 157th in the nation. Charlotte ranks 189th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- UAB is 4-5 ATS on the road with 5 overs, 3 unders and 1 push.
- At home, Charlotte is 1-5 ATS with 3 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- UAB ranks 13th in assists per game (17.5) while Charlotte ranks 248th (10.9).
- The Blazers rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while the 49ers rank 200th (36.5).
- Charlotte ranks 98th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while UAB ranks 257th (25.7).
- Charlotte is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
Over their last five games, UAB is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 49ers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.2, up from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (8.4 above their season average).