The UAB Blazers (6-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they meet the Auburn Tigers (7-1) at Auburn Arena. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
UAB Blazers at Auburn Tigers ATS Preview
In the Blazers last game, they defeated the Troy Trojans, 90-78. With 14 points and 10 rebounds, Chris Cokley played well for UAB. The Blazers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.3, had an absurd mark of 54.3 and had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 14.9).
The Tigers hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Gardner-Webb Runnin Bulldogs in their last contest, 80-55. Anfernee McLemore had a solid performance for Auburn, contributing 17 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks. Auburn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 54.8 (above their season average of 36.9) and a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 15.9). For those same stats, Gardner-Webb was 27.5 and 20.5, respectively.
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this battle. Auburn ranks 22nd in possessions per game (74.9) while UAB is 280th (68.0) since last season.
The Tigers won the only game against the Blazers last season, 74-70. Auburn had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 18.8). UAB, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (20-27; 74.1 percent).
UAB Blazers at Auburn Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blazers average 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 178th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Auburn ranks 19th in blocks per game (5.4) while UAB ranks 75th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Auburn ranks 48th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while UAB ranks 284th (17.9).
- The Blazers rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while the Tigers rank 256th (37.5).
- Auburn ranks 45th in steals per game (7.5) while UAB ranks 252nd (5.1).