The UAB Blazers (17-12, 8-8 CUSA) will be at the UTSA Convocation Center to meet the UTSA Roadrunners (12-16, 6-9 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
UAB Blazers vs. UTSA Roadrunners Betting Odds
In their last game, the Roadrunners were beaten by the Florida Atlantic Owls, 80-71, while the Blazers beat the Marshall Thundering Herd, 88-80.
The Blazers had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.344 (above their season average of 0.239) and held the Thundering Herd to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.3 (below their season average of 29.1). UTSA, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 19.0). Jhivvan Jackson led the way for UTSA, contributing 38 points. Meanwhile, Tyreek Scott-Grayson played a key role for UAB with 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Lovan led the Blazers to a 76-68 victory. He put up 19 points and six rebounds. UAB out-rebounded UTSA. The Blazers had 14 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Roadrunners had six and 24, respectively.
This game should be a battle of opposite tempos. UTSA has preferred an up-and-down style of play (17th in possessions per game), while UAB has been more half-court-oriented (306th in possessions per game).
UAB at UTSA Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Under
- UTSA ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (27.8) while UAB ranks 299th (16.1).
- The Roadrunners average 5.9 steals per game, which ranks 169th in the country. The Blazers rank 178th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Blazers rank 11th in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Roadrunners rank 258th (38.3).
- UTSA ranks 175th in assists per game (12.5) while UAB ranks 260th (10.6).
- The Roadrunners have been outscored by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. For the season, UTSA has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Blazers have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average).