AAC foes will clash when the Memphis Tigers (9-6, 0-2 AAC) square off with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (10-5, 3-0 AAC) at FedExForum. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.,
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Memphis Tigers ATS Preview
In the Golden Hurricane’s last contest, they edged the Connecticut Huskies, 90-88. Corey Henderson Jr. was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Tulsa dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.391 (above their season average of 0.318) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (below their season average of 31.2). For those same stats, Connecticut was 0.114 and 22.4, respectively.,
The Tigers are trying to rebound after their 65-56 loss to the UCF Knights in their last outing. Kareem Brewton led Memphis in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting. UCF had a free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.270). Memphis, meanwhile, held the Knights to an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below the 35.1 mark opponents have averaged against Memphis this season).,
Memphis does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 42nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.288), but Tulsa is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 49th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.184).
Junior Etou has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Tulsa, averaging 19.0 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.,
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last matchup, the Tigers won 66-44. The Tigers 14.7 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Golden Hurricane, who had a mark of 23.5.,
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Memphis Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Over
- Tulsa ranks 38th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Memphis ranks 188th (34.5).,
- The Tigers rank 190th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8) while the Golden Hurricane rank 252nd (27.0).,
- Memphis averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).,
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 1.5 for the season.,
- During their last five games, the Golden Hurricane have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (5.0 below their season average).