The Tulane Green Wave (8-3, 1-0 AAC) will attempt to continue a seven-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (8-5, 1-0 AAC) at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 146.5 points with Tulane opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Tulane Green Wave Betting Preview
In the Golden Hurricanes last matchup, they dismantled the East Carolina Pirates, 79-53. Junior Etou was the games high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Tulsa played a perfect game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 6.0 (better than their season average of 17.6) and a free throw rate of 0.141 (matching their season average). For those same stats, East Carolina put up marks of 15.8 and 0.076, respectively.
The Green Wave come in on a high note after beating the Temple Owls in their last game, 85-75. Cameron Reynolds had a good game for Tulane, finishing with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Tulane dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.253) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.579 (above their season average of 0.532). Temple was 0.164 and 0.478, respectively, for those same stats.
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this matchup. Tulane has preferred to play quickly (69th in possessions per game), while Tulsa has been more methodical (220th in possessions per game).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Tulsa games have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of games involving Tulane have finished under. The Green Wave hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (8-3 vs. 8-5), but the Golden Hurricane have been better against the spread (ATS) (7-3 vs. 4-4).
Etou has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Tulsa, averaging 18.6 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Golden Hurricane won two out of three matchups played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Tulsa won 66-60. The Golden Hurricane dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.440. The Green Wave had marks of 27.0 and 0.375, respectively, for those same stats.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Tulane Green Wave Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Under
- The Golden Hurricane average 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. The Green Wave rank 163rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- Tulane is 1-1 ATS at home, while Tulsa is 4-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 1 of the Green Wave’s 2 home games, while 3 of the Golden Hurricane’s 6 road games have gone over.
- Tulane ranks 91st in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while Tulsa ranks 250th (26.8).
- The Green Wave rank 33rd in assists per game (17.1) while the Golden Hurricane rank 192nd (12.5).
- Tulane ranks 26th in blocks per game (5.5) while Tulsa ranks 166th (2.4).
- Tulane is 1-2 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Tulsa is 4-0 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Green Wave’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Hurricane have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (8.4 below their season average).