AAC foes will collide when the Temple Owls (7-4) square off against the Tulane Green Wave (7-3) at Liacouras Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 148 points with Temple opening as a 10-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Temple Owls Free Preview
In the Green Wave’s last contest, they defeated the South Alabama Jaguars, 77-73. Melvin Frazier led Tulane in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-6 shooting. Tulane played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.245) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (below their season average of 29.2). South Alabama was 0.167 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Owls are trying to rebound after their 84-66 loss to the Georgia Bulldogs in their last matchup. Obi Enechionyia was Temple’s leading scorer with 27 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Getting to the free throw line was one of Georgia’s largest advantages. They made 39 trips to the line, while Temple went just 13 times.
Temple could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Temple ranks 27th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while Tulane forces the 73rd-fewest turnovers (17.6 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Tulane games have finished under 71.4 percent of the time, while games including Temple have finished over 63.6 percent of the time. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (7-3 for Tulane; 7-4 for Temple), but the Owls have the edge against the spread (ATS). Temple is 5-6 ATS, while the Green Wave are 3-4.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Owls won both contests last season. In the last game, Temple won 86-76. Temple’s 0.474 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Tulane, who had a mark of 0.349.
Tulane Green Wave at Temple Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Temple, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Over
- The Green Wave rank 21st in blocks per game (5.6) while the Owls rank 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Temple is 1-3 ATS at home, while Tulane is 2-3 ATS on the road.
- Of the Green Wave’s 5 road games, they have 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Owls have 2 overs and 2 unders in 4 home games.
- Tulane ranks 42nd in assists per game (16.6) while Temple ranks 190th (12.4).
- The Green Wave average 38.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. The Owls rank 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Temple ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Tulane ranks 139th (7.3).
- Temple is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Tulane is 0-3 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Owls have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Temple has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).