The Florida State Seminoles (6-0) and the Tulane Green Wave (5-2) clash at Amalie Arena. Florida State is a 13-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 156.5 points. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Florida State Seminoles Free Preview
In the Green Wave’s last contest, they dismantled the Southern University Jaguars, 95-76. Jordan Cornish was the games high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. The Green Wave had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.534) and had a free throw rate of 0.270 (above their season average of 0.261).
The Seminoles will look to maintain momentum after dismantling the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last matchup, 96-71. Florida State’s CJ Walker had a solid performance, recording 15 points and six assists. The Seminoles knocked down 17 of their 20 free throws (85.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.669 (above their season average of 0.562).
The high-powered offense of Florida State will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Tulane. Since the 2016-17 season, the Seminoles rank 29th in offensive efficiency, while the Green Wave are 295th in defensive efficiency. The Seminoles should have the edge on that end of the court.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Tulane have finished under 80.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Florida State games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Seminoles have a substantial advantage. They are 6-0 SU and 5-0-1 ATS, while the Green Wave are 5-2 SU and 3-2 ATS.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Florida State Seminoles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seminoles average 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. The Green Wave rank 137th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Tulane averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 132nd in the nation. Florida State ranks 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- Florida State ranks 61st in rebounds per game (38.4) while Tulane ranks 238th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Seminoles rank 23rd in blocks per game (5.3) while the Green Wave rank 139th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Florida State ranks 46th in steals per game (7.5) while Tulane ranks 149th (6.1).