AAC foes will battle when the SMU Mustangs (13-6, 3-3 AAC) clash with the Tulane Green Wave (12-6, 3-3 AAC) at Moody Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Tulane Green Wave at SMU Mustangs Betting Preview
The last time the Green Wave played, they were victorious over the Houston Cougars, 81-72. With 13 points, six rebounds and six assists, Ray Ona Embo put together a good outing for Tulane. The Green Wave had an absurd free throw rate of 0.339 (above their season average of 0.257) and held the Cougars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.406 (below their season average of 0.550).
The Mustangs come in on a high note after defeating the No. 7 Wichita State Shockers in their last outing, 83-78. With 33 points on 11-for-14 shooting, Malik Milton was the games high scorer. The Mustangs knocked down 12 of their 16 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.755 (above their season average of 0.544).
SMU figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Mustangs currently rank 37th in offensive efficiency, while Tulane ranks 139th in defensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Green Wave won 73-70. Tulane did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-20; 90.0 percent). SMU, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 19.5). Despite the loss, Milton was the games leading scorer with 24 points.
Tulane Green Wave vs. SMU Mustangs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – SMU, ATS Winner – SMU, O/U – Over
- The Green Wave rank 34th in assists per game (16.6) while the Mustangs rank 97th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Tulane averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 139th in the NCAA. SMU ranks 175th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- SMU ranks 37th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Tulane ranks 172nd (36.2).
- The Mustangs rank 29th in steals per game (8.0) while the Green Wave rank 161st (5.3).
- Tulane ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.9) while SMU ranks 97th (3.6).
- The Mustangs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 12.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.0 points per game (2.0 above their season average).